Welcome to Miena’s website. You can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself – our website is free for anyone to use.
Miena’s is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information through which you can be identified when using our website, you can be assured that your specific information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) adopted by the European Parliament in April 2018 and enforced by May 25th, 2018. Any personal contact data we keep may be used to inform you of future product offerings, unless you decline to be included in our mailing list. Should you request us to update, or delete, your Personal Data from our records, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miena’s may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Kindly check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following:
- Personal contact information and delivery details
- Web-related statistical information
- Consumer information relating to preferences and tastes
- Details of your visit to this website & the resources that you accessed; including, but not limited to: traffic data, location data, hardware and software being used and other communication data. None of this information allows us to identify you specifically as an individual.
Online orders are processed through Squarespace Ecommerce facility. Their Data Policy is here.
Payments to Miena's are processed through PayPal. Their Data Policy is here.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, specifically for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the contact information which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. At such times we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We gather information about your computer for our services & to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website.
The information does not identify you personally, and is statistical data about visitors & their use of this site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
We gathering information about the use of our website by using a cookie file. Cookies are downloaded to your computer’s hard drive automatically and help us improve our website & the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies, which can be done by activating a setting on your browser to decline the cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access parts of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links that enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or how its administrators may treat information given there. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, especially when these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to each website in question.
Access To Information
For your own knowledge, the European Data Protection Board ensures strict adherence to the fine principles that underpin it. Data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specified, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and updated regularly
- Not be held for any longer than required
- Be processed according to the rights of the data subjects
- Be protected accordingly
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless the destination complies with adequate protection criteria
and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) gives you:
- the right of access to the information that we hold about you
- the right of rectification/correction of the information that we hold about you
- the right of erasure/to be forgotten
- the right of restriction on processing
- the right to object to processing
- the rights of portability/wanting your data
Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you relating to the above please contact us using the contact details below.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
We may, at some future date, use your personal information to send you promotional information about offers we think you may find interesting.